Bones are an important part of any cat or dogs diet
*essential nutrients, vitamins & minerals
*are a natural teeth cleaner,
*enrichment for their mind and bodies
*good jaw development in puppies/kittens and help to remove puppy/kitten teeth.
Animals used to work for their food - now we hand it to them in a bowl - for digestive and mental health its good for pets to have to tackle bones and look for food - so get them to search for their dinner and give them bones regularly 2-7 x week depending on your pets needs.
There are some guidelines for safely feeding bones to pets -
- Only use soft consumable bones - no hard leg bones etc
- Only feed RAW bones - cooked bones splinter and can cause injury
- Feed multiple pets seperately - no need to cause arguments
- Only give bones to pets when they are SUPERVISED - dont leave them alone
- Pick up ALL the bones when they are finished with - dont leave them around to cause arguments or get brittle and splinter
- Switch bone shapes to help with teeth cleaning
- When starting puppies / kittens you can smash chicken wings with a hammer to pulverise the bone within. Or hold the bone so they can munch on it.
1 kg bag - FROZEN